Friday, December 2, 2016

Camp Verde Pickleball

(Edited 12/17/16) Camp Verde Parks & Recreation's inaugural pickleball games were played December 1, 2016 in the Community Center Gym.  The facility was once the high school gym and the basketball floor has been lovingly maintained for many decades.

Below the photos is a narrative of the December 1st event.


Since we published this post, we created s stabd-alone blog for Camp Verde Pickleball.  It contains a "History" post that details the day Camp Verde's first pickleball games were played.

Here is the main blog:  http://campverdepickleball.blogspot.com/

And here is the "History" post: http://campverdepickleball.blogspot.com/2016/12/history.html

1 comment:

  1. Comment rec'd from Terri C. via email On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 2:00 PM Terri C.

    Hi John,

    Thanks to you and Susan for coming to Cottonwood today to play pickleball. I enjoyed meeting you both and am excited to hear that you are getting pickleball going in Camp Verde. Smart move to invite the mayor and other town officials to try it out!! I also like that you got things going quickly by buying the net and balls out of your own pocket. The gym sounds like a good start—especially now that it is cold. And working to try to refurbish the old unused tennis court is also a great plan. As I mentioned I stand ready to help you in any way I can, just let me know what you need. There are others who will be eager to help as well. Bob A. is the northern Arizona ambassador and can answer many of your questions. Jerry N. is an accomplished instructor and would be willing I’m sure to hold clinics for you. Patti C. and Bob McC. are Sedona ambassadors. As I mentioned Patti, Bob and I have worked to help get new permanent PB courts in Sedona (approved) and refurbished courts in the VOC (finished). So if you need us to we can mobilize a lot of people to meet with your town council or committee.

    It sounds like many of your town officials are reacting positively but if money for permanent lines in the gym or refurbishment of the tennis court becomes an issue I’m sure Bob A. would be a good resource. As I mentioned people in Prescott are in the process of raising funds to put in 8 courts as I understand it. I think they are raising money through fundraisers and private and corporate donations. I’m sure Bob A. could tell you more about that process and any grant money that might be available.

    Best,

    Terri

    ReplyDelete